ChampionX is seeking a Marketing Specialist to provide strategic marketing leadership to meet the Windrock and ChampionX business goals. The role can be based in Houston, TX or Knoxville, TN.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing marketing programs to enable sales based on business requirements, market trends, competitive intelligence.
What’s in it For You:
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and empowers through continuous improvement
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and more!
What You Will Do:
- Lead value messaging creation to drive market differentiation; develop impactful sales enablement tools for business unit product portfolio and new technology commercialization
- Lead voice of customer activities to drive greater market / customer understanding to support new technology development and existing technology improvements
- Partner with product line managers in the new technology development process, including defining market definition and needs; leading the internal and external launch planning and the new technology commercialization program from launch through product maturity
- Partner with product line managers to understand market trends and the impact on the business
- Assist in gathering data on competitors, monitoring of industry trends, and disseminating information to the business
- Own channels to market, including social media, website, industry conferences, editorial opportunities, customer webinars, and customer events
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies
- Develop meaningful and measurable campaign metrics to assess overall return on the business unit’s marketing investment.
- Support business unit leadership with the development and execution of internal and external communications
- Support business unit sales strategies and customer engagement programs
- Support and execute ChampionX and business unit brand standards
Project execution and campaign delivery
For assigned business unit(s), manage internal and external resources to deliver integrated marketing tools including but not limited to:
- Product and Services Literature (Brochures, catalogues, sales kit): Work with product lines and sales force to determine literature needs for existing and new products. Execute content, graphics, and production of these materials.
- Digital Marketing & Social Media: Explore ways of enhancing product line digital presence and develop plans for how and when these types of mediums can be effectively used either in addition to or instead of printed materials. Support the design / content of the corporate website. Work with graphic artists on developing appropriate illustrations/pictures, etc. for these materials. Create appropriate marketing messages, organize video and photo shoots, and work with outside vendors on production, layout and output.
- Tradeshows and Events: Coordinate business unit requirements for shows. Provide counsel on layout and selection of products that will be represented in each show. Offer assistance with the coordination of staff, product models and literature as needed, and with occasional set up and tear down of shows. Manage niche product line specific shows from creation to execution on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 3-5 years work experience in a marketing role
- Extremely strong oil and written communications skills
- Ability to manage through influence
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Have a curious mindset with a passion for learning, questioning the status quo, and drive continuous improvement within the marketing function
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Adobe software
- Knowledge of all phases of digital and print marketing materials production, including ability to determine goal of the piece, ability to create impactful content, ability to organize and supervise graphic requirements
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to synthesize technical information and to translate it to value-based differentiating messages
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and build strong professional relationships with business unit leaders, managers, engineers and other marketing managers.
- Project Management: Ability to conceive and execute marketing communication materials, prioritize assignments, focus on projects that benefit the greatest number of people in the organization and meet deadlines.
- Desire to drive change and evangelize new technologies
- Competitive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to enthusiastically represent the company
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Problem solving: Thinks through possible solutions/courses of action, despite any limitations set by others
- Oil and gas, preferably upstream, experience strongly desired
10648 West Little York
Houston, Texas 77041
Apply Online URL: