All the audiences important to The Menninger Clinic value learning about our brand and services through visual storytelling and effective communication, including video, information graphics, digital communications, illustrations, and other graphic platforms.
The individual in this role will collaborate with marketing and communications colleagues to identify key messages to share with specific audiences visually, with or without supportive narrative information.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Training as well as experience in video shooting and storytelling, video editing, and related skills for sharing on websites, on social media, and in presentations, as well as a portfolio of examples
- Graphic design experience with a portfolio of samples that demonstrate a range of graphical illustrations and/or designs for the purpose of marketing services or products
- Training in writing, and experience and demonstrated competence in developing strategic content for a variety of audiences, including attention to accuracy and grammar
- Hands-on experience and competence using Microsoft applications in addition to video and graphics applications
- Prior work experience in a creative or marketing capacity and in creating a strategic creative brief or creative overview to guide development and execution of projects
The Video and Visual Communications Specialist will work in a small team environment and collaborate with administrative and clinical leaders to plan and execute strategic internal and external projects for target audiences. This individual will be accountable for producing quality projects that get results to support Menninger and the department in attaining their goals.
The Specialist will report to the Strategic Marketing, Branding, & Communications Director and actively participate in the marketing-communications strategic planning. The team welcomes curiosity, continuous learning, being a self-starter, and ways to effectively communicate mental health services and sell the benefits to Menninger’s referring professionals and customers.
- Plan and create content for visual projects, such as employee and faculty spotlights, The Recovery Playbook series on YouTube, YouTube shorts for consumers/potential customers, etc.
- File accurately on the network for easy retrieval
- Create a b roll library that can be used in Menninger videos or shared with media to accompany interviews
- Edit digital still and video files for YouTube, social media, website, town hall meetings of staff, intranet and e-newsletter, etc.
- Collaborate in the planning of external and internal solutions with colleagues in the Marketing Department and with leaders elsewhere at Menninger
- Create strategic and timely content for the organization’s digital signage application to meet the interest and needs of staff, visitors, and patient families
- From time to time, apply create info graphics and designs for projects
- Participate in departmental learning opportunities, meetings, and events
- Develop working relationships inside and outside the department as well as vendors
- Stay up to date with technology and applications essential to this role
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of Menninger services and the leaders and their roles and expertise
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with a portfolio including video, visual, and writing projects
- There is some flexibility with remote work; however, the candidate must be available to be at the office Monday through Friday as necessary for work projects.
- To apply, please visit: https://www.menningerclinic.org/careers
The Menninger Clinic
12301 Main St./Hwy 90
Houston, Texas 77035