The Black Sheep Agency
We are The Black Sheep Agency, a cause-driven brand strategy firm that works with impactful companies and organizations to activate communities around things that matter. Fiercely dedicated to serving our community, we strive to organize an army of co-conspirators who share a common vision. Together with our clients and collaborators, we unite around one thing—building a future we can believe in.
We're looking to grow by adding an Account Manager to the flock. In a nutshell, as Account Manager at Black Sheep, you will be a chief implementor of vision laid out in comprehensive client strategies. Your daily efforts will drive meaningful change for our clients and your actions will ensure we continue to strengthen our relationships and create ongoing opportunities to serve as a creative partner.
To do that, you must work to master these four areas:
- Own the momentum: Drive strategies forward and deeply invest yourself in that forward momentum. Inspire action among the full collaborative team assigned to the project. Nurture ideas until they're bulletproof and then execute them so they return big value for our cause-driven clients.
- Execute big vision: The biggest impact happens with a keen eye to detail. You’ll execute ideas, timelines, roadmaps and tactics. Using a test, learn and apply approach, you’ll continue to refine strategic plans by identifying opportunities to make the ideas work even harder.
- Master communicating project results and identifying moments to pivot: While every team member has a responsibility for the results of their work, as an Account Manager, you’ll need to skillfully communicate those results to the client to empower them to understand and make decisions based on our work. While you aren’t always expected to have the solution, you’ll need to quickly identify when initiatives aren’t performing and activate the team to course-correct and adjust.
- Be rooted in financial responsibility: You’ll need to master creating efficiencies and understanding how each opportunity you manage fits into the agency’s growth plan. You must actively report out on estimate-versus-actual scopes and proactively identify ways to right any ships that have gone off track.
Why is this role important for Black Sheep’s work?
You’ll be a day-to-day partner to our clients. You’ll rally and shepherd internal teams to not only create efficiencies, but inspire our best work every day. As an Account Manager, you’ll actively deepen engagement with our client and further the leadership position of Black Sheep within their organization.
What does that mean for your day to day?
- Executing on visionary strategies by planning large-scale timelines and owning day-to-day next steps to bring big ideas and short/long-term projects to life
- Understanding client needs and challenges and orienting the team toward solutions
- Managing the client experience and nurturing day-to-day client relationship
- Ensuring Account Coordinators are armed with the tools, information and resources necessary to be successful, mentoring and teaching what you’re learning along the way
- Keeping a close eye on all initiatives running for a client and ensuring no opportunities are missed
- Drafting content and assisting in research for strategy and creative services
- Serving as a partner to our clients and developing and implementing creative tactics that deliver on their goals
- Learning from and executing on Account Director feedback and strategic direction, realizing the Account Director has been in your shoes and has mastered the role you’re challenged with
- Developing SOWs, project plans and strategic points of view
- Tracking on objectives and ROI for the client and agency
- Identifying opportunities for new account processes and best practices
What are the requirements for this role?
While it’s hard to define the exact experience necessary, we are hoping to find someone that meets the requirements below—or someone who can prove to us that the experiences they’ve had beat what we outlined.
- College education relevant to the role (advertising, digital, marketing, communications or similar degree)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in which you have written for brand initiatives, executed strategic marketing initiatives, met aggressive deadlines, preferably at an agency or in another fast-paced environment
- Understanding of marketing best practices with experience in digital and experiential marketing
- Experience developing and executing large-scale project plans, budgets and timelines
- Experience measuring marketing initiatives and reporting on results—Google analytics, Sprout Social, email or other similar platforms a plus
- Strong, concise, creative writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced communication skills, including both written (documents and presentations) and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence and poise to successfully present strategy or program recommendations to clients
- Ability to handle managing 8-10 projects simultaneously, while maintaining your cool
Think you’re the right fit? Apply and please attach your cover letter, resume and any relevant portfolio work, like writing samples.