Harris County Medical Society (HCMS) is looking for an advertising sales intern to join our communications team. Our communications department produces a quality, advertising supported newsletter which reaches more than 8,000 physicians in the Houston-area. HCMS seeks an intern who can assist enhancing relationships with current advertisers and engaging with old and potential advertisers.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of advertising sales.
- Assist in the creation of advertising campaigns focused on newsletter ad sales.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials to potential advertisers
- Perform analysis of advertising sales data
- Enter contact information into communications database
- Assist in preparing new campaign strategies’ including email and outbound calling
- Assess current campaigns to measure success and profitability
- Currently majoring in public relations, sales, marketing, and/or business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage numerous activities and support the efforts of others in achieving HCMS newsletter sales goals.
Harris County Medical Society (HCMS)
1515 Hermann Drive
Houston, TX 77004-7126
John A. Elolf, M.A.
Director of Communications
713-524-4267, ext. 244