Houston First is looking for a full time Social Media/Content Manager to join our team. Houston First Corporation is leading the effort to promote Houston as one of the great cities of the world. Our employees operate the city's finest convention, arts and entertainment venues.
- Work with PR Manager and Corporate Communications team to implement and monitor social media contests across all Houston First corporate and brand platforms 41 total channels
- Manage social media strategy and content creation across all Visit Houston channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube representing over 380,000 followers and 39 million annual reach
- Schedule unique social media content and campaigns ahead of time across all 5 Visit Houston social media platforms (unique content for each platform)
- Help organize and produce bi-monthly interviews with key Houston figures and attractions (live chats)
- Write on-the-fly blog pieces on pertinent breaking news items to capitalize on social media/website traffic
- Create bi-weekly data-driven reports analyzing Visit Houston social media accounts with recommendations and takeaways
- Maintain monthly and annual editorial social media calendars
- Broker relationships and social media strategy with Houston events and attractions such as Super Bowl, Final Four, RodeoHouston, Astros, Texans, Rockets, Dynamo/Dash, Texas Renaissance Fest, Space Center Houston, Comicpalooza, and other annual events/attractions
- Responsible for Influencer Program – reach out and maintain relationships with social media influencers and work to secure their participation in Houston First-partnered events such as Comicpalooza, HUE Mural Fest, and all other major public Houston events
- Work with digital journalists by pitching social media-driven stories
- Create Visit Houston blog and content pieces motivated by social media trends
- Manage budget allotted for social media promotions and campaigns ($10,000)
- Travel to key local events to capture video or photos for social media platforms.
- Create Visit Houston 360 degree camera photo and video content for social media
- Catalog collection of photography for media and public use
- Assist the monitoring and analytics systems to track social media engagement and results.
- Assist to analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Monitor customer online reviews and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Create content copy for VisitHouston.com and other organization websites as necessary.
- Responsible for supervising content coordinator’s work on the VisitHouston.com master calendar of events, highest trafficked web page on the website:
- Edit and approve 150+ monthly events
- Curate and add events not typically submitted to ensure calendar is well-rounded
- Work closely with attractions and vendors submitting events to make ongoing edits and promotions tied to events on the calendar
- Create social media posts around key events
- Manage social media editorial calendar and content coordinator
- Computer literacy is required, including CMS, Powerpoint, basic Excel and MS Word
- Graphic design skills for use in creation of social media graphics preferred
- Video editing skills for media use and social media posts
- Effective writing skills, particularly in a lifestyle format
- Basic math skills with an understanding of credits and debits and balancing
- Effective communication including oral, written and listening skills
- Positive attitude towards work and a strong customer service focus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a quality work product
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume and sometimes stressful environment
- Professional social media experience
- 5+ years’ experience in public relations, advertising or content creation
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
Company Website: http://www.houstonfirst.com
Preferred Contact Method: Email
701 Avenida De Las Americas, Suite 200, Houston, TX 77010 USA