As a member of the AAF, you become part of a network of talented professionals and gain access to tools, resources and connections you need to stay current in the industry.
- Professional Development: Educational initiatives in leadership, creativity, marketing communication, technology, and digital & social media platforms.
- Advocacy for the Rights of Advertisers: Protects and promotes advertising by expanding the recognition of the economic and social values of advertising and communication as an essential industry.
- Governmental Affairs: The AAF protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government through grassroots activities. AAF's nation-wide network monitors advertising-related legislation on local, state, and federal levels and, when appropriate, puts members face-to-face with influential lawmakers while encouraging self-regulation as a preemptor to government intervention.
- District and National AAF Resources: Materials, website, and professional staff to assist local clubs.
- History & Legacy: AAF-Houston is one of the oldest trade associations in the Greater Houston area.
- Membership: Focus is on bringing corporate advertisers, agencies, traditional and new media companies, suppliers, and academia together through networking socials and special events for members.
- College Chapters & Young Professionals: Nurturing the industry's future practitioners through professional development, networking events, and scholarship program through our foundation arm, the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston (AEFH). Link: www.houstonadscholarships.com/
- Advertising Excellence and Recognition: Award programs at local, district, and national levels that recognize personal, creative, community, and corporate achievemenst in the industry.
- Multicultural Initiatives: Industry actively supports diversity and multicultural initiatives in education, employment opportunities, and career advancement.
- Public Service: Opportunities to apply skills and member resources to address issues and help solve community concerns.
- Local Discounts: Members receive discounted tickets for Luncheon Speaker programs that feature prominent industry leaders and speakers both in Houston and when visiting other AAF chapters.
- Discounts on American Advertising Awards (ADDY) Entry fees are available to AAF-Houston members. A membership will pay for itself with the savings earned on only a few entries.
- District and National Discounts: Local Houston membership includes District dues and National dues, complete with available event registration discounts. AAF-Houston members have exclusive access to National AAF discount programs for goods and services – aaf.org.